I got family in high places, like Jesus' niece

09:29




Hi, my name's Victory and I am feeling way too many things about the future. I'm excited, that's a given, I'm nervous, I'm stressed and everything is nauseating. I'm supposed to be applying for university next month but ... I'm a baby??? Also, with my whole heart and head being fixated on my moving to Glasgow by myself next year, I'm struggling to find a balance between 'puking-at-the-very-thought' or 'crying-with-excitement'. So daunting. This is where my life is at right now. I'm trying not to neglect blogging too much with the everything going on, because it's stress-relieving and fun, I can't push aside fun.


I'm really going hard for colour palettes and colours that complement each other right now, with my go-to colours being the primary colours and autumnal colours. Wearing navy and red brings a whole wave of nostalgia in and of itself, with the colours being reminiscent of my nautical days and Louis Tomlinson circa 2012. 

jumper - H&M // skirt - thrifted // belt - penneys/primark // socks - ? // shoes - converse

My fluffy jumper is from H&M and the denim pencil skirt was thrifted from Unique Thrift Store in New Jersey. I've had my red/polka dot converse for a couple of years now, but totally neglected them due to my ex-strong hatred for the colour red.




In other news, I was nominated by Kaylee from Style Unknown AND Sonja from Intergalactic Glitter Monster to do the Tag You're It! interview thing! I was double tagged, so I sorta gotta do it BUT I am flattered by this gesture of kindness, so thank you galz for nominating lil ol' me. 

*inhales*


How did you get into blogging?
Once upon a time, after years of being a bystander, an outsider looking in, and upon watching a friend become passionate about their little youtube corner on the world wide web, I decided that I needed to find a corner on the world wide web that I could call my own. A corner where I could express myself without a feeling of competition (*cough* every other form of social media *cough*). How I got "into" blogging (because I think it's fair to say that starting a blog and being into blogging is quite different) is entirely indebted to the wonderful palz I've made through this platform and RookieMag. *soppy alert* By talking to you guys and getting to see parts of your world through your blogs, it's easy to say that my desire to blog is completely owed to you all.

What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out? 
DO IT! Contrary to popular belief, people can be nice??? Something I've figured out about the blogging community is that they don't bite!! Don't worry about what others are gonna think because it's not their blog, it's yours! You create what you're proud of and what you want to put out!! Also, be yoself or what/whoever you feel you are while you blog! You're a dragon?? Be the best damn dragon you can be for yourself, and forget about what kinda dragon your readers expect you to be. People feed off genuine positive energy! No one's asking if you're really a fairy who lives in the trombone of a New York City street busker, when you're a super rad trombone residing fairy who puts stuff out there that they're proud of, because WHO CARES?! 

What would be your dream campaign? 
*twitches* well ... you see .. [whispers] i don't know *drops mic*

Do you have a plan for your blog?
Not really other than keeping it up. If I don't manage to keep it up, then the plan is to make a stellar comeback when I'm rich, married, and with child. If all else fails, then I'd like to just keep it here (unless the world wide web blows up or something), come back to it every now and again and laugh at myself in that nostalgic kinda way.  

What do you think about rankings? 
I'm with Kaylee and Sonja on this question, I'm ??? I guess if we're talking about popularity then meh, I don't really think anything about rankings. Like I guess some people set out to become popular bloggers and high five to those who achieve that, but uGh that seems like so much hard work and stress and you have to appeal to the majority and what the majority find popular is constantly fluctuating that who has the time??? I certainly don't. 

*exhales*

*Tip*: Answering these questions is instantaneously more enjoyable when you picture Oprah Winfrey asking you them. 

And the nominees are:

Rosie from Interesting Rosie
Bethany from Daisy Chains Forever
Kani from Velvet Teen Style 
Josselyn from Lurking Cat
Jada from Jaunty Jada and

Also, I feel that it is only my fair and honourable duty to remind you guys that by not checking out these blogs you are missing out on something that has the potential to positively alter your lives..forever. Just saying. 

That's all for now folks!



You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. This is such an exciting time in your life! Just relax and try to enjoy the ride :) Appreciate the things that are going to be different while you still have them! Also, love your sweater :)

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* thank you so much for this! <3

      Delete
  2. ahhhh applying to university! it's such a weird and hectic time, but embrace the time you get to properly explore your future for the first time (glasgow is also an a+++ place good choice). i love your sophisticated/fun take on nautical colours, and I'm just remembering how brilliant pencil skirts like that are for autumn.. and thank you for tagging me in the questions!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all such a weird mix of excitement and nerves, but your experienced words provide a sense of assurance! Thank you lots, Flossa! x

      Delete
  3. Victory you look gorgeous as usual! I love your outfit and the skirt and fluffy jumper combo is so so perfect! Also thank you for tagging me,you're the best! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, no, YOU'RE the best! Thank uUu, Elizabeth! x

      Delete
  4. song is great! I too feel the struggle of college </3 it's such an overwhelming process + all the questions about the future! also of fake assuredness, hehe. it will work out im sure!

    Claire
    www.augustlikethemonth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a crazy jungle of emotions, but we've got this! <3

      Delete
  5. I'm so WITH U on the mixed emotions about applying to uni!!! So exciting and liberating yet so gross :-) this was super, fun to read, I was smiling the entire way through starting with "slightly uncoventional, but I doubt God really cares" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a strange process, man, BUT we can do this! Also, thank you aha!! <3

      Delete
  6. yeessssss thx for answering these. I pretend it's jimmy fallon asking me the questions because I laugh and look at the audience a lot (aka, my wall of sticky-notes???????????) but also you are queen these are amazing answers.

    I AWAIT WITH GREAT IMPATIENCE THE DAY YOU MAKE A RICH MARRIED PREGNANT COMEBACK TO THIS BLOG. I can see it already *heart eyes*

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ intergalactic glitter monster//Plasma Dolphin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw shucks, thanks for tagging me, kiddo! your comments make me *heart eyes* <3

      Delete
  7. Agh, you being cute as eeevvvvaaa!!! And man I just moved out of my house like a little over 2 weeks ago and it's been tough, but so so fun. Don't worry, you'll have a blast!!!!! (oh and thanks for tagging me :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, thank you so much! Your words of encouragement are crazy appreciated right now! <3

      Delete
  8. First: I ADORE YOUR OUTFIT, it looks just amazing. You're such a lovely person, I loved reading the interview!!!
    xoxo

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey good luck with uni applications! Glasgow is lovely, the music scene is apparently the. best. thing.
    Hoping to be living around there once I get my shit together in a few years!
    The song you posted is so good! I love it!
    Also: "You create what you're proud of and what you want to put out!!" <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, emma! the music scene is 75% of why I wanna go to Glasgow! I am SO stoked! hopefully one day we shall scope this scene for ourselves together! love you! <3 <3

      Delete
  10. Cool outfit, high five for controversial church outfits woop woop!! thanks for the tag, I'll definitely get round to it at some point!

    daisychainsforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know that you graduate at 17 in the UK (is that right?)

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we graduate at around 17/18 in Ireland, it depends if you take the optional 4th year of school though! X

      Delete
  12. Love the outfit, you always wear the best stuff, I'm jel. Moving to Glasgow would be so, so amazing xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete

♡ thank uUu for taking the time to comment, I read and appreciate every single one of them! ♡

Visitors

Instagram

Subscribe